Thursday, March 2, 2017

Pictures

I am trying. Truly, I am.  I have a baby calendar on the wall I am faithfully scribbling on, just as I did for Emry. I have the month stickers ready for pictures when Ethan turns 1-month old next week. I have a box full of cards, a list of gifts he has been given, and all his special little things put away just as I had with Emry. But I can now officially say I have a lot more empathy for my younger siblings. They’re not far from wrong – being the firstborn has a lot of perks, privileges and…okay, let’s tell it like it is: attention.

In preparing for Ethan’s arrival, I noted that so much of the preparation focused on Emry. Upon Ethan’s arrival, I am noting that so much of my time and attention is still focused on Emry as I try to help her through this adjustment of no longer being the center of attention. I don’t mean for it to be that way, but I also can’t have her throwing tantrums, wetting her panties or squeezing Ethan’s ribcage to pieces. 90% of the time, she’s fine. But, oh, that 10%!!!!

Sadly, I am also falling short in picture-taking area.  For one, Emry is in most of the pictures I take of Ethan (mostly because she’s always nearby).  Secondly, I don’t have my phone on me as much.  Emry is forever wanting to play with it if she sees it, so I tend to keep it out of her sight. Not only that, but she wants to see the pictures before I even take them so taking pictures has become nearly impossible. However, I do have some I want to share. For, really, our little man is adorable.

 Sleeping…

Emry loves to lie next to him.

Talking to Mama.


Big Sister Emry in her new coat and hat Grandma Sturm made.

No comments:

Post a Comment