Thursday, August 3, 2017

Round 2

I’m certainly not irreplaceable, but finding my replacement at work back in December wasn’t easy. I think, mostly, I just felt it was a huge responsibility and I wanted to be sure the company had someone who would really work with them. We found someone. I trained her. Ethan was born and I left, coming back in to do some billing. Everything seemed to be working fine…until the second week of June. Then she quit.

I’ve been working at least one day a week in the office and several hours a week from home. It’s not much and certainly not what the company needs, so after we all caught our breath we advertised for a new office manager. And so round two began.

Round two has been worse. Perhaps because we’re all a little gun shy. We certainly don’t want to hire someone whose going to turn around and quit in five months. But, honestly, office managers are not the “dime a dozen” I once thought we are. We got dozens (and I mean dozens!) of resumes. And barely ten were worth looking at…followed by only three we actually called in for interviews. The new guy started Tuesday.

I think he’s going to work out. I think we’re still a little gun shy. And I’m still doing a lot of work we just thought it would be easier for me to do as the company I worked for closes at the end of the year anyhow. But I enjoy it. And I’m also very glad we have the new guy.


I just hope we don’t have to do a Round 3…

No comments:

Post a Comment