Monday, September 14, 2020

My Husband

The other day in the midst of some conversation, I mentioned something I did in elementary school around 1991. 

 

“You were in elementary school in 1991?” my husband responded, somewhat surprised.

 

“Yes,” I replied. “I turned eleven.”

 

He paused for a moment and the said, “I was driving then.”

 

Today is Ed’s 46thbirthday. In a lot of ways, that doesn’t seem all that much older than my 40 years. After all, we are now both in same decade. But sometimes we have conversations like the above and it makes you realize that six years can be a significant difference. 

 

When Ed’s Aunt Sandy passed away a couple of months ago, his cousins and he started passing around pictures via text, e-mail, and Facebook. Sadly, Ed does not have a lot of pictures from when he grew up, but he pulled out the ones we had scanned onto a zip drive when we were in North Carolina and started going through them. Here is my husband in his senior picture in 1993:

 


Yes, mullet and all – a hairstyle his wise Aunt Sandy told him he would regret. I shook my head at it.

 

“If I had known you then, I wouldn’t have married you,” I stated. “I would have agreed with Aunt Sandy.”


“She was right,” he admitted. “I should have never had a mullet.”

 

But, I have to say, I might have married this cute little guy:

 

 

Of course, I wasn’t even born when that picture was taken!


No comments:

Post a Comment