Wednesday, October 7, 2020

4 Months!!!

Today our little girl is four whole months old! Although, perhaps I should not say “little”. Weighing in at 11 pounds, 13 ounces and 24 inches long, she has far outpaced her older siblings at this age and seems huge to me. But at only the five percentile, no wonder she still looks tiny to others.

 

The past month has been one of discoveries and firsts. She can roll from her tummy to her back, but doesn’t do it frequently. She has discovered her left thumb. (Sigh.) A few days ago she found out she has a tongue, which she proudly displays as often as she can. She is also recovering from her first cold. (Thanks Emry and Ethan for sharing!) But even in the midst of her cold, she has laughed and been quite content. So, even though our schedule has been thrown to the wind, exhausting me, I am glad she’s feeling good in spite of sniffles and a cough.

 

It would appear Ellyson has reddish hair, much to my surprise after two dark headed kids who are now brown with blond streaks. And she also brings back long forgotten faint memories of my sister Katey when she was a baby. It’s something about some of the looks she gives me, her roundish face, and maybe the reddish hair. And that’s fine…as long as she doesn’t someday have the Ogilvie nose! 


She didn’t want to show the sticker.

 

Sock Monkey…and the tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment