Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Thinking Ahead...Remembering Behind, Part 3

One day, perhaps, my girls will look back at Easters of their past and curse their mother for dressing them in some plain, boring Easter dress that didn’t have a frill within ten miles of it. Emry might. She and I don’t think too much alike when it comes to clothes. She likes pink, and frilly, and shimmering. Simply because Ellyson will wear hand-me-downs, I’m of the mind that she will like not-pink, not-frilly- and not-shimmering. And yet that will still equal she didn’t like what Mom picked out. Because that is how it always works.

 

After Emry chose her fabric for this year’s dress (which Ellyson is too young to curse), I had to look back at pictures of all her Easters. It should come as no surprise that four out of six of her dresses have been pink. Perhaps I’m guilty of starting that trend since I did pick out pink the first time. Meanwhile, Ethan has gotten dressed in blue all but his first Easter.(And he chose blue this year.) And although Ellyson will also start out in pink, once she is old enough to choose I doubt that will continue. Emry, though, will probably get married in a pink dress if possible. One with lots of sparkles, a train a mile long, and shoes with heels several inches tall. Yep, I can see it now…


First Easter: 2016

 

 Emry Easter 2017

 

Ethan Easter 2017

 

Easter 2018

 

Easter 2019

 

Easter 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment