Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Oh, the Places I have Lived! - Part 13

And – finally – we come to my current place of residence. I know I wrote a blog nearly three years ago when we moved into our little rental house of the quirky little things in it. Like no normal light bulbs. I feel like every time one goes out, we have to go to Home Depot and buy some special bulb. There’s a price to pay for being “retro”. One I wouldn’t pay if I didn’t have to have lights in my kitchen to cook by.

 

I was right about the “retro” wall behind our bed. It’s tiled with a frame around it – a great cobweb collector. Very festive this time of year.

 

I think the house is built on ant farms. And they have Ethan’s number. As soon as he drops a crumb, they come running. They’re also happy Ellyson has joined us. She likes to drop crumbs, too. I’ve figured out how to keep them out momentarily from time to time, but there is no way to eradicate them. I guess they help me keep my floors clean.

 

All in all, we’re happy with our little three-bedroom place. Larger rooms would be nice, especially ones with more natural light. But, we’re creative in how we make the space work. The one major thing we would change is adding a bathroom – at least a half one. That would make a ton of difference. I can’t help hoping against hope we could find a house of our own before Ellyson is potty training and adds to the bathroom congestion, especially in light of how much time a potty-training toddler sometimes has to spend in the bathroom! 

 

We’re very grateful for our little rental place, even as we dream of something larger we can truly call our own.




No comments:

Post a Comment