Friday, November 5, 2021

Movie Night

 Like most kids, my kids enjoy watching movies. And like most kids their age, that usually means something animated. Today, there is probably a hundred times more animated movies than I was a kid and they’ve seen a lot of them. This summer I decided we’d have an actual “movie night” on Fridays, an evening dedicated to watching the movies I watched as a kid: Swiss Family Robinson, Pollyanna and Old Yeller.(Okay, I haven’t shown them Old Yeller yet. That can be a really hard movie to watch…) We’ve continued the practice, although now Ellyson usually stays up as well instead of heading to bed early. It usually looks something like this:


More and more, Ellyson has to be right in the middle of everything Emry and Ethan do. It can be blocks, drawing, Legos, school, movie night, or even playing on the Wii. She is not about to be left out, and she is not shy about pushing her way in as needed. Just like another baby sister I know…

 

But this picture reminded me of another picture from long ago:

 

Emry and Ellyson (2021)

 

Melissa and Katey (1982)

No comments:

Post a Comment