Thursday, November 25, 2021

Five Minutes of Thanks

Time for my yearly moment of seeing how many things I can say I’m thankful for in five minutes. Honestly, I feel like this post gets shorter every year. I promise it’s not because I’m any less thankful…it’s simply harder for me to pause and think about something that doesn’t have to deal with work, the kids, the house, and my endless list of endless things that need to get done!

 

My Savior. His sovereignty, mercy, and strength on a daily basis. Taste! Since I barely have any of it (yes, it looks like I’ve had Covid!), I realize how important it is. Good food. Coffee, especially. My husband. My three energized kids: Emry, Ethan and Elly. My brothers and sisters. Time in New England this summer. Our little home. The hope of a nicer, larger home with more space (and a second bathroom!). Color. Curiousity. Funny little things Ellyson does. Sleep! (Especially as I lack it thanks to Ellyson.) Good friends. My job and co-workers. Our church family. Love, faith, mercy, grace. Blue skies, tall trees, time outside. Exercise. Truth. How important that is in a world that just lives in the midst of lies and lying. Justice. Holiness. Books! And books! And some time to read them. Puzzles, games, time with my kids. The creativity of the world God has created. The Bible. Warmth. Snow. Fall colors. Allyson. My parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment