Wednesday, January 5, 2022

As we start 2022...

You may have noticed last year that my blogging was always behind. I’d post things days or weeks after the date on the post. I felt like I was always trying to catch up – jotting down notes I didn’t have to time to elaborate on. It wasn’t the only thing I felt behind on. You don’t want to see my to-do list…

 

Life has simply gotten busy. The kids are getting older and that takes more of my time. For Emry, 2ndgrade is certainly more work than 1st. And now that Ethan is in Kindergarten, I can’t simply skip a day of schoolwork because I don’t feel up to it. Both of them played soccer, both of them had swimming lessons, both of them go to Awana at church. Emry has dance and Ethan wants to play baseball. Ellyson is just constant motion, requiring a lot of keeping-up-with. With a friend at church, I head up the preschool classes. I volunteer on Wednesday nights. There are homeschool activities to attend to. I do like to exercise 4 or 5 days a week just to keep myself sane. Plus there’s just cooking, laundry, cleaning…and all that stuff to make sure the balls of life I juggle don’t get dropped. Somewhere in the midst of all that, I work nearly 20 hours a week. To be honest, I’m not sure how. 

 

Oh, wait, I don’t get a lot of sleep!

 

The last statement is rather true. As hard as I try to get to bed at a decent hour, I live on six hours a sleep. Until I hit exhaustion and then Ed has to handle it for a few hours while I take a nap. Not exactly the way to live. 

 

Over the last couple of months, I’ve been trying to rearrange some things so I have time to get things on that to-do list done and get to bed at a decent hour most nights. With the new year, I’m continuing to tweak. And one thing I think I am going to do is blog only once a week. Fingers crossed I can accomplish this each Wednesday after we get home from church and I – finally! – get three excited kids to bed. Those nights don’t leave a lot of time for concentrated work, but they would leave me some time to post a blog and get a few other odd things done. I’m going to try it anyway.

 

Another thing I’m going to try is reading past blogs. Every year I want to do that, but every year I put the binder back up on the shelf and forget about it. I think reflecting and remembering the past 16 years of God’s faithfulness to me would be an exercise worth some time each evening when I read before bed. So, that will be my reading goal this year. It will be interesting to see what I have forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment