Friday, December 31, 2021

Another Year is Gone

2020 was bleak…and 2021 has been bleaker. As it closes today and rolls into 2022 in only a few short hours, I can’t say I have high hopes for another year. Grocery shopping is getting more and more painful, not to mention the idea of providing clothes and other things for my family. It’s pretty certain any pay increase is not going to catch up to the inflation…if Ed even has a job next year. Vaccine mandates aren’t making that look very promising. As if the media wasn’t a bunch of ridiculous liars to start with, the fact that they can’t do anything but re-hash the continual lies is crazy. Aren’t they driving themselves insane? We have a demented President, a deluded Vice President, and a bunch of other politicians who do anything except their jobs. Any hopes I have for 2022 only make me cry. They probably won’t happen. I should just be glad if we make it through each day.

 

I should also remind myself that 2021 did have some high points. At the very least, I hardly ever wear a mask anymore, suffocating on my own germs. We all got Covid and got that out of the way, only Ed and I actually having any sickness at all. The kids were all asymptomatic. We travelled over the summer which was nice. The kids are doing well, despite the world they live in. We have a roof over our heads, no matter how small this house gets with each passing month. Ed does still have a job, and so do I. Our needs are met and the Lord does allow us to save some, car repairs and other surprise expenses aside. We really are blessed no matter how weary the world around us is.

 

I also reached beyond my reading goal this year. I aimed low, one book per each letter in the alphabet. I exceeded that by reading two per letter except the letter Y. I just couldn’t find a second title on that one I wanted to read. I also read at least 20 more books, including some on my own shelves. It’s also been fun revisiting some books this year I’ve read aloud to the kids: Little House on the Prairieand The Magician’s Nephew.Both kids love Narnia.

 

I have to say I am glad 2021 is over. I can’t say I’m excited about 2022. However, it does make John’s cry in Revelation all the more sincere: “Even so, come, Lord Jesus!”

No comments:

Post a Comment