Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Visions of Christmas Past: Dresses

I think I have done a post on Christmas dresses once. Or maybe it was Easter dresses. In our family, both times of year were fun to pick out patterns and material. And many of the dresses were very memorable for one reason or another. The dresses I am blogging about now have been in the family for 29 years.’

 

My mom’s sister was married a couple of weeks before Christmas in 1992. So, she had a Christmas wedding. For her flower girls (two of my sisters and two of my cousins), she chose a green and red plaid. My mom wasn’t sure that was a very good choice until she saw the fabric sent to her so she could sew the dresses. It was perfect, and they did make very nice dresses.

 


Aunt Lynn’s wedding 1992: I am in the red dress, holding Jenny. From left to right is my cousin Rachel, cousin Harris, sister Katey, cousin Ashton, cousin Adam, sister Grace, cousin Tyler, brother Daniel, and sister Sally.

 

Twenty-nine years later, at least two of the dresses my sister’s had are in my possession. They went through my sisters, were passed over to Aunt Lynn’s little girl Sara Ann, and then came back to us. And since I am the only one with girls…well, we are now enjoying them!

 Emry, age 2, in one of the dresses.

 

Ellyson now in the smaller dress.

 

They are still beautiful Christmas dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment