Saturday, September 5, 2009

Only in Texas...

…do you walk into your bathroom and there is a lizard crawling on your mirror. Thankfully it falls into the rinse cup so you can take it back outside to its natural habitation. It’s not exactly a lizard – more like a two inch gecko creature. Maybe it was trying to sell me insurance.

…do trucks rule the roads. Pick-ups everywhere! My favorite is the one that says on the back “Silly little boys…trucks are for girls.”

…do people say when for two days it just hits ninety degrees (although it sits there all day long), “Isn’t it nice out? Fall is in the air.” Apparently my definition of fall is quite wrong.

…do you answer the phone and the reply is, “Do you speak Espanola?” I want to say, “No. I live in America, and in America we speak English.” Kind of scary that I need an interpreter in my own native country. Of course, Texas isn’t my native country.

No comments:

Post a Comment