Monday, August 31, 2009

Sticky Things

I don’t know what people down here call these things, but they look like little burrs or balls of thorns. I also don’t know where they come from, except they’re found in the grass. What I do know is that they get stuck on everything.

Mostly they get stuck on the bottom of my shoes. Then I drag them inside where they get stuck on the carpet. Later, I come through barefoot and step on them. Ouch! I stepped on three in my bedroom just this morning. And I have quite a collection of them in my car – probably a hundred.

Yet another strike against Texas…

1 comment:

  1. Yuck. We have these horrible things called "cat heads" with big spikes that drive up 1/2 an inch into your poor foot. They get around via shoes and animals like you described. A nasty part of nature.

    ReplyDelete