Saturday, August 8, 2009

Scenes from my Week

˜ I’ve heard praise and chorus songs in church spoken of as many things, but a friend calling them “7-11” songs was a new one. What does that mean? You know: songs when the same 7 lines sang 11 times over and over again.

˜ This week when Mom told us we would leave the house around ten to go to the used bookstore, Caleb responded, “Why so early?” He’s slept in until eleven or twelve almost every day this week.

˜ Jenny finished Algebra 2 this week – and Mom went out and bought an ice cream cake to celebrate. Not for Jenny. For Mom.

˜ I’ve been meticulously cleaning my room and packing, for I leave on Thursday. I’m taking maybe a tenth of what I own, and yet I already wonder from the piles in my room if I’m taking too much. It’s only when you pack that you realize how much you truly own!

˜ I became a one-handed basketball player this week. It is possible, but catching and shooting are encumbered a bit. I jammed my left ring-finger pretty well when I went up for rebound. This morning it is still swollen, stiff and a bit bruised around the middle.

˜ I think I got most of the “important” things done this week in preparation for my move, but I still have a list of odd things to do and purchase before I leave. And the list is getting longer before it gets shorter…

˜ Keep me in your prayers. I’m not really nervous or anxious about this. I asked the Lord for peace when I made the decision, and He has answered that prayer. But I know there are many things ahead I have no idea about. (Innocence is bliss!) Mostly that I adjust to a full time job and the heat. I find a good church where I can grow, serve and make friends. And my grandfather and I learn to live with one another quickly. And any number of other things that flitter across my mind, but just pray that the Lord goes before me and makes my way straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment