Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009...

Well, it is the last day of the year. And unlike some, I'm not much on reflecting back on all the details (aside from in my yearly Christmas letter). The truth is, I get through yet another year in this century and sigh in relief. I made it!!! WHEN is Christ coming back???? Never soon enough, it seems.

Funny to think that a decade ago, we wondered if we would even make it into the 21st Century. Well, we have. And, as in any other decade, we have all gone through ups and downs. I've had some awesome things happen over the last decade of my life. But on the flip side, it is has been the very worse decade of my life. Teenagers think they have a hard life - wait til they hit their 20s!

So depending on how I feel (which is a bit tired today), I could shout and parade about all the wonderful things 2009 has brought me. Or I could rant and rave about the hard times. We'll just keep it safe: the Lord is faithful. Yet another has proven that over and over again.

Goals for 2010? I'm not much on that sort of thing either. When you live a life full of moves, you don't even know where you'll be before the end of the year let alone what you'll be doing. I have great hopes that turning 30 in two months will be a joy and not a tragedy. Not to mention that I hope that the start of my 4th decade on earth is a vast improvement over the last one. But I'm not taking any bets. Let's just say I have one goal: survival.

But no matter what 2010 brings, I do know one thing. God is faithful. He loves me. He wants what is best for me. While I hope that means a place to live where it is cold, mountainous, snowy, full of trees with a career as a great writer...whatever it is I know I can get through it. For my God NEVER changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment