Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life Goes On...

Well, there's not a lot to post about - hence I guess that's why I'm doing it at eleven at night. But, as usual, I've had a busy weekend and didn't get everything I wanted to do done. When you work full time, there's no time to do everything else. And this was my cooking Saturday when I spent hours in the kitchen cooking for the next couple of weeks. Plus I ran errands and mopped the floor, and wrapped gifts, and balanced my checkbook, and did my taxes, and addressed birthday envelopes, and exercised, and made a couple of phone calls, and sorted more of my grandmother's pictures, and didn't get to write like I wanted to do. Unless I want to stay up now and give it a shot - but that probably won't do me or the story a bit of good.

But the good news is it's COLD!!!! For a day. Tomorrow its back in the 40s and then the 50s all week. And the Texans will gripe as if they're experiencing the season called winter. They have no clue. I went out today in a sweater, saw a few patches of ice, and could see my breath! Now if it would only snow several inches.... I came into the house this afternoon and my grandfather asked me I ordered such weather.

"Yep," I answered.

"You should be shot," he replied.

"Well," I shrugged, "at least I'll die happy."

Back home in Indiana this week, Abby got her lifeguard certificate. She is now officially able to save our lives should we be drowning. Sally continues to work at Chick-fil-a and Grace at Joanne's. Mom and Caleb enjoy a few more weeks of basketball season. Dad works, of course. And Jenny...well, she plays the piano and sews as always.

And in two weeks from Tuesday, I will be on my way to New Hampshire. YEA!!!!! Mountains, trees, snow, cold weather - heaven on earth. I can't wait! For even though I will be busy running around seeing people, eating way too much wonderful ice cream, and taking a "pilgrimage" to my birthplace - I will also spend many down hours in the living room of Allyson's lovely home, reading until my mouth is dry, imagining who knows what sort of things, getting reacquainted with my three (now four) favorite children, and wishing I didn't have to return to Texas.

Such is life - may God give me strength to see it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment