Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Today is the final day of the year 2010. A day to look backward and forward. What did 2010 hold? And what will 2011 contain?

Thus far I am ending my year in airports. (And let me just tell you as I sit in Kansas City that it is the oddest airport I’ve ever been in. I’m not the only one who exited the gate area and realized I was back in the general airport. So, back through security I went.) I’m sorry to leave my family and the holiday back in Indiana, but I’m tired, feel like I’ve gained about 20 pounds and am ready to get back on schedule – even in Texas.

For me, 2010 has contained much more than I ever imagined it would. Surprises have abounded, and I’m not talking about a new car or anything like that. The changes that have been most amazing are ones I couldn’t conjure up in a million years. They are things God has done in me. Wonderful, loving and sometimes difficult. But all of them in the hands of my loving heavenly Father who knows the desires of my heart even better than I do.

So I sit here awaiting my plane (and watching all the unique people one can find in an airport), I do wonder what 2011 will hold. What will God do with the changes He has wrought in my heart? I’m not placing any bets on anything. Nor do I want to. I’d rather see what God does. It may be hard – very hard. And it may be wonderful – very wonderful. Most likely, it will be a mixture of both.

But this I know. Whatever happens….wherever I go…whoever crosses my path…my God does not change. He does all things well. Of me He requires one thing: “Trust Me.”

A blessed 2011 to you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. May you be *overwhelmed* with all of God's blessings this year! Peace and love to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete