Monday, December 6, 2010

This week somebody told me of a guy who journaled every time he cut his nails. Now sometimes I am hard up for something to journal/blog about; but I hope I never have to reach that low.

Lately life has been very busy. The holidays, I suppose, but there are many other things going on as well. I was thinking and praying on my way to work this morning, and God was reminding me yet again that while my life continues to change He never does. Then another thought hit me.

"God, if You're sovereign - and I know You are - and if You knew me and the plans You have for me before I was even born - and I believe You do - then not only are You unchanging, but Your plans for me are also unchanging. They change from my point of view, but they don't from Yours. What is to be will be. And I have to trust the One who loves me more than anyone else ever will."

It was a staggering thought, and it still is. But that still, quiet voice has echoed in my head all day long:

"Trust Me, Melissa. Everything will be okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment