Monday, April 23, 2012

Randomness

Okay, so I don't know about everyone else, but this new format to post my blog and look over the ones I follow is a little strange...I have a feeling it's a preview of my week: just give it a little while, Melissa, and you'll get use to it. You always do.

Not much going on in the state of Texas. Would much rather be in Buffalo, NY right now. I could probably find quite a few people willing to change places with me: exchange a foot of snow for a blue sky, 70 degrees and a nice breeze. Don't mean to rub it in, but I mean it. I haven't seen a foot of snow in over a year and I hate it!

As far as work goes...it's a Monday. One nurse is out of town. Two are sick. One has a sick 8-year-old. That leaves me with the on-call nurse who isn't even supposed to work today (but willingly made a visit for me) and one healthy nurse...who has had to pronounce a death, visit a patient who is actively dying, and she's on-call tonight. If I were her, I'd call in sick tomorrow.

I was so exhausted this morning when I got up, I thought about calling in sick - but I don't do that. The one time I was actually sick enough to do that, I worked anyhow and had every nurse telling me to go home. Still am tired and the plantar fasciitis I've been fighting for a month now that finally started feeling great last week is now making my whole leg feel weary. Yet despite all that, I was running at a pace of a 9:35 mile today. Five seconds off my normal pace and five seconds closer to what I would love to run on average. If I run that half marathon with Angela (one of the nurses), I need to plan on being half dead that day. Just think of what my time would be then!

Just four or five more Wednesdays to go teaching the kids at church this year. It's hard to believe the year has gone by so fast! Looking forward to this week. We're going to run the "Amazing Race". (Well, an extremely condensed version of it.) Got to go home tonight and get things ready for it. But I think it's a pretty cool way of studying the hymn "America, the Beautiful"...since we can't exactly take a field trip to the Rockies - which would be WAY cool.

Washing rocks tonight...for my dollhouse. It's laying on it's backside right now so I could attach the rest of the "foundation". While it's laying there (driving me crazy because now I can see the un-painted undersides), I need to actually attach all the rocks to the foundation. Then I can put on the porch, the pieces of which are ready to be attached. Now I can add to my building resume bricklaying. Now that I think about it, my resume would look pretty impressive if I added all the things I've had to do on this dollhouse: electrician, painter, wallpapering, carpenter, interior designer...too bad I have no inclination of getting a job in any of those fields!

No comments:

Post a Comment