Friday, April 27, 2012

Do I Look Skinny to You?

I've been told lately that I've been losing weight. Since I typically lose weight in my face, I usually take those compliments with a grain of salt. However, I actually think that's true as late...my clothes are looser than they were. Don't ask me what I've been doing. I did change up my exercise routine a bit which always helps. As the temperatures continue to rise, it will continue to change. (I can't tell you how much I dread running at five in the morning when the only advantage is there's no sun - it's still 90 out!) But maybe that means I'll continue to lose weight.

I'll never be skinny. I've never been skinny - except when I was a very small girl. But I do want to be healthy. So, I try to eat right, and exercise well, and keep ice cream to a minimum of once a week (maybe twice if an occasion arises). It just seems like whenever people start remarking that I'm loosing weight, they then try to feed me!

This week was Administrative Professional's Week. Which, I guess, I am. When you do a job you can do in your sleep, it doesn't seem professional or noteworthy, but those I work with would beg to differ - to the point of tying me to my chair and never letting me leave. I'm not sure if that makes me feel appreciated or trapped.

Not to say I'm not appreciated (or trapped - but that's another story). I know I am. I got flowers this week - very lovely ones. And food. I should say sweets. Like enough sugar to keep me up for thirty minutes and then send me crashing for three hours. One of the nurses went out and got me a milkshake from Chick-fil-a...and added a cookie. Our new marketer bought me a white chocolate raspberry Nothing Bundt Cake (which I hear are to die for, but I haven't tried it yet). And I got a gift certificate for Chick-fil-a (which I will use for something besides more milkshakes). Yes, I am appreciated.

But so much for the 15 miles I ran this week...or the losing weight. Maybe if I run 20 next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment