Friday, May 4, 2012

Bubbles!

So everybody knows that bubbles are fun: blowing them, popping them, chasing them, bathing in them. I thought on Wednesday night I would try some bubble artwork with the kids. I saw you could mix bubbles with paint, blow the bubbles with a straw and then lay paper on them so they created painted bubbles. Well, forget the paper or the artwork. My three 4th graders had a lot more fun spending the next ten or fifteen minutes blowing small bubbles, big bubbles, hives of bubbles, families of bubbles, and whatever else bubbles can be in the imagination of ten year olds! Not only that, but the kids in the younger class were very envious. One offered to be my best friend and give me a million dollars if I would let him join my class. Four-year-old John just looked at me with his adorable eyes and begged. Mental note to self: if I can't come up with anything else for class, bring bubbles.

 Frankie: my creative scientist who liked the beehive look.

Matt: the one who frightenly reminds me of me and tried to blow the biggest.

 Kate: you can tell she has only brothers to compete with as she was trying both the beehive and biggest bubble look.

No comments:

Post a Comment