Monday, May 21, 2012

Expect dry weather over the next 6...what?

So, it's summer in Texas. Well, it's been that way since, like...well last May; but I mean it now officially looks (again!) like summer in Texas. You know: brown grass, dying flowers, stickers, thistles, grasshoppers. Oh, wait - it always looks like that. Minus the grasshoppers.

Haley and I mowed this weekend. Not an easy task when most of the yard didn't need it, but it all looks even. May be the last time we need to do it until...oh, October or November. Guess that's one advantage to living in Texas: the mowing season is extremely short since the grass dies, grows green for a few weeks, and dies again. Lovely.

Checked the 10-day forecast just a few moments ago. Don't know why. Hoping against hope as usual, I guess. For I can tell you the forecast for the next four months: dry, hot, no rain, dry, hot, no rain, dry, hot, no rain...you get the picture. And sure enough the next ten days will be dry, hot and have no rain! I bet you can't live anywhere else in the world where the weather is so predictable.

I had to laugh, though, at one of the boxes in the corner of the weather site. (For if I didn't, I'd cry...) It read "Expect dry weather over the next 6 hours." Really? Try "Expect dry weather over the next 6 months." Meanwhile, Melissa isn't going to be as Elijah and pray for rain. She's going to pray for a way out. She's just not sure how strong her faith is...

No comments:

Post a Comment