Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting ready...

As you can see, I've made my blog more wintery. But it's wishful thinking. I've learned over the last three years that no matter how wintery my blog looks, whether Haley and I put up a tree or not, how many miles I run listening to Christmas music, whether I bake dozens of cookies or none and no matter how many gifts I purchase: I don't feel Christmasy.

Sunny blue skies, temperatures of 70 and an occasional frost do not make winter.

I've been having a lot of dreams lately of snow: mounds and mounds of snow. I picture it in my head. I see pictures on the internet. And I cry. I was talking to a friend just last night about the holidays and started crying. I'm not usually emotional. I keep my tears to myself. But thinking about another winter that isn't winter at all...perhaps it's just as well or my tears would freeze on my cheeks.

So, I guess I'm not getting ready for anything. Just hoping. And praying. And, perhaps, getting sick. As Proverbs wisely says, "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick..."

If only the desire would come...

No comments:

Post a Comment