Friday, November 22, 2013

And Winter Begins...

Okay, so we have had snow in October, but that was like a pre-winter warm-up. Since then we have had cold days....and nights that have fallen to the single digits. But it's look like I changed my blog background just in time to welcome the start of winter!

Yesterday, the temperatures may have gotten into the 20s. Around ten, it started to snow. It was like watching glittering confetti fall from the sky. Since I didn't have to go into work until later, I sat in my cozy chair with a good book and watched it fall. It stopped around 12:30 as I went out to start my car. The wind picked up. I decided to wear my real winter coat. And I'm glad I did! I was tramping around camp for a couple of hours, going from building to building to hang door signs and put out things for the scrapbookers that will arrive today. Even Andrea - Minnesotan born and bred - was dashing about shivering, "It's cold out here!"

It felt like winter.

This morning I awoke to a high of 5 degrees! But the sun was out, so by the time I bundled up and went out for a run, it was about 12 degrees. Yes, it was a little brisk out. When I ran past open fields (and there are quite a few of those), the wind whipped by and made by cheeks freeze. The little creek (or "crick" as the natives say) has frozen edges. I have a feeling the people in town who see me every other day running think I'm nuts. But, I like a sunny, cold morning for a run. Except for the wind pushing against me, there's nothing better than good, fresh, clean, cold air!  But with the sun out, it seems a bit warmer than a high of 20. I put on my soft shell camp jacket instead of my winter coat, although I did still dash out to warm up my car (praise God for a garage!). For the lake is telling me that winter is coming. There was ice around some of it's edges today, causing me to wonder if my guess of December 17 for the "Ice-On" contest is a little late. Tonight, the temperature will drop below zero.

Yes, it feels like winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment