Friday, November 15, 2013

Another Weekend...

And so quilt begins...again. It's like a merry-go-round that never stops! I was never good on those things as a kid. Adulthood hasn't helped. I think Andrea was being hopeful today. She brought some menus over to me so I could put them in the folder behind the desk.

"Um, Andrea, these are for Quilt D and E," I said.

"What? Oh!"

We're only just starting Quilt C...

I determined today that I'm not honestly sure how these quilters get any quilt made since reading and following directions is not their strong suit. Our mailings expressly state that arrival time is at 3:30. But our quilters must think they live somewhere in very far eastern Canada or the Caribbean because they started arriving at 1:30. So, as I'm running around trying to get everything ready two hours early, I hear one quilter tell another:

"Well, now we're here. We can just relax."

Mmh...is that what camp is for? Relaxing? I'm not sure I could ever go to a camp and relax. Ever.

Last evening I saw something I've never seen before, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised out here in the middle of nothing-but-farms. I had stopped to get gas and noticed this guy walk behind me and into the convenient store to get a pizza. (I'll give them credit for that - they do make really good pizzas.) I saw him come back out and walk behind me, but his car wasn't on the other side of the pumps which meant he must be crossing the street. I wondered why, but when I looked, I saw: he had driven his tractor into town to pick up his pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment