Friday, May 9, 2014

Randomness

Well, as of today, I have two weeks left at work here at Camp Lebanon. Just over two weeks before I leave Minnesota. Three weeks until I arrive in Pittsburgh. Four weeks until I am married. Where is all the time going?

My apartment is about half packed. I'll pack a little more this weekend, but the rest will have to wait until just before I leave. (I mean, I do need a few clothes to wear!) My moving container is reserved, but still looking for some help to get it to my apartment. I do have helpers to load it up. Mom is flying up to help me drive down. I have GPS on my phone for directions. I think I'm just about ready to move.

Had a "normal" week at work (worked Monday to Friday, 9 to 5) so had a great week of training with Abigail. She might be a little overwhelmed, but I think she's doing great. It is a lot of info to take in all at once, especially since you won't be doing most of it until the fall or even next winter. But she took lots of notes and has my contact info so she can call.

Still looking for a job in Pittsburgh. Job hunting is exhausting. I think I've put out over 30 and had responses from...oh, two. Not really sure job boards work at all. I've got a couple I'm hoping for. We'll see.

Right now it is lovely and sunny here, although chilly with the wind. But it's nice to see the sun after almost nearly two weeks of cloudiness and rain. I don't think it's going to last long...more rain tomorrow. But I've loved the thunder and lightening over the past couple of evenings. And the grass is green, the farmers are out and there are even buds on the trees!

Have a quiet weekend - yea! Because I have quite a few thank-you notes to write. And books to read.

Now the work day is nearly over. Abigail is filing the last of our papers. I'll head home for a quiet evening. Got a couple of movies from the library to enjoy. I do like quiet evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment