Tuesday, June 6, 2017

4 Months!!!

Ed often looks at me and remarks how glad he is that Ethan has turned out to be a happy baby for it certainly didn’t look that way at the start. Not that he’s fussy compared to stories I’ve heard other mothers tell, but compared to Emry…well, that’s hardly a fair comparison. Still, he’s seems to have finally gotten over the horror of entering the world and mellowed into a rather contented little guy. And, if I do say so, he’s got quite the handsome little grin.

He’s a wiry little man, lean with hardly any fat. (The onesie he inherited from one of his cousins that says, “I’m Bringing Chubby Back” is even more humorous when he wears it.) I’m not exactly sure what he weighs, but I’m thinking somewhere between nine and ten pounds, and probably closer to the nine. We’ve already started him on baby cereal mixed with applesauce because he’s always hungry, but like his sister he seems to have a high metabolism. He’s also a mover and a shaker. Rarely do I find him where I left him. He can roll both ways and is just starting to use that skill to get around. His favorite mode of moving, though, is to dig in his heels, arch his back and scoot.

His hand-eye coordination is improving. And he has a cute little quirk. He’s a major thumb sucker (Mama empathizes!), so the left thumb goes in for comfort and when I put him in bed (on his tummy because he’ll hardly sleep on his back), he rubs the back of his head with his right hand until he falls asleep like that. It looks rather awkward, but apparently it’s not!

With Sock Monkey!

He loves to clasp his hands.

Yea – 4 whole months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment