Thursday, November 22, 2018

Five Minutes of Thanks

Looking back, I have taken five minutes to type things I have thankful for in 2013, 2015 and 2017. Although my form of OCD is a little off by messing with the odd-year flow, I think I want to make a yearly thing. Especially these days when I barely have five seconds to ponder, let alone five minutes!

My Savior. My husband Ed. My kids Emry and Ethan. My parents. That my mom’s knee surgery went well and successfully. My siblings – Katey, Daniel, Sally, Grace, Jenny, Abby and Caleb. My nephews – Jay, Curtis and Beto. ALLYSON!!!! My friends, especially Andrea and Tirzah. My job and the people I work with who appreciate me so much I get to set up an office all the way in Indiana! The body of Christ. The Plattes. A new little place to live for the next couple of years. Snow! Fall colors (even if they are now blown away). New Hampshire. Books to read. Books I want to read. Books to just look at. Libraries. Prayer. My Bible. Music. Color. Clothes to wear. Hope. Joy. Grace. God’s sovereignty. God’s unchangeableness. God’s greatness. The moon and stars. Watching my kids learn, and grow, and play, and making me laugh. Good food. Living near family. Exercise. Running. Warm blankets. Warm fires. Cold nights. Frost. Lilacs. Hot showers. Washers, dryers, vacuums, ovens – all the appliances that make my life easier! Memories. Paper. Pencils. Pictures. Light…

And these brief five minutes to write it all down!

No comments:

Post a Comment