Friday, November 9, 2018

We're Here!

Well, this post is a bit overdue. For, yes, we have arrived in Indiana. A week ago. But it’s been one busy week to jump start what will, doubtlessly, be a series of  busy weeks.

The trip out here was uneventful. Long, but uneventful. What is typically a seven hour drive took us ten. But the kids were good. Both slept a bit in the morning and both took afternoon naps. They read their books, played with their toys, listened to the Frozensoundtrack I don’t know how many times and generally let me drive. We arrived exhausted but in one piece and not at each other’s throats. So, yes, it was a good trip.

The following day Ed, my dad and my sister Sally unloaded the truck at the storage place. That went well, so nearly everything we own is locked away and we hope we don’t need to get to any of it. Because, honestly, we can’t.

Sunday we went to church with my parents and Monday Ed started his new job. Which has gone well thus far. Working for a general contractor is new for him. He has some skills in that area, but a lot of it will be stretching. Which is good. And tiring. But that’s good, too.

The kids and I are trying to keep on some form of schedule, which is hard when their little cousin (two-year-old Beto) is around so much and isn’t on the same schedule. However, he and Emry are the very best of buds while Ethan tags along about five steps behind (or completely run over). Going “house hunting” doesn’t do much for the kids either. I’m not sure who’s more exhausted after it all: my mom and I or the three kids in the back who will no longer be satisfied with fruit snacks and lollipops. Still, I’ve been somewhat faithful in getting Emry’s school in twice this week (although we practice reading every day) and they’ve been taking good naps so I can get in two hours of work in the afternoon and another hour or two at night when they go to bed.

So, while life is not exactly settled, you take what it is and run with it. And pray everyday for grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment