Monday, November 18, 2019

Our New Baby

With Emry and Ethan, I had only one ultrasound each at 20 weeks. That was fine with me. I was always delighted to hear their heartbeats at each doctor’s visit, and the ultrasound was so extensive that I was sore for days afterwards as if I had done about 100 crunches every hour for five hours. An hour of rolling that thing over my abs hurt, especially since I hadn’t been doing crunches since I learned I was pregnant.

Today was my first doctor’s appointment with my new doctor. Even though I didn’t expect it to be that different than my previous doctors, I was still nervous. Hence the high-ish blood pressure. But it was no big deal. After all, the doctor I really like pointed out, I’m on number three. It’s old school now. But one thing that was different was the small, mobile ultrasound machine she had. She declared it was probably as old as I am, but it works just fine. And I saw the baby. I even got a picture, much to Emry’s delight. Although she is very upset it is on the refrigerator and not next to her bed. After all, this is her new sister. At least, she fervently hopes so!

Isn’t the baby precious?

No comments:

Post a Comment