Thursday, November 28, 2019

Five Minutes of Thanks

For yet another year, I will set my phone and see how many things I can be thankful for:

My God, my husband, Emry, Ethan and the new baby (even though I am still sick almost all day long). Our church family, especially those friends we have from our small groups. My parents, my sisters, brothers and nephews. Our house. Some nice days to go outside and snow. Books..and a new bookshelf so I could get more of them out! Clothes, heat, running water, good health. Food, freedom, old friends who I can e-mail and text randomly, call and pick up right where we left off. My salvation. God’s unchangeableness. Exercise, even though somedays I simply can’t right now. Running, even though I can’t do that at all right now, but I can go for walks sometimes! Ed’s job, hot showers, my co-workers. Good health for everyone in my family. More books. Old movies I loved as a kid I can now share with my kids. The ability to speak, and move, and breathe. The coming holidays. Color, rainbows, history, puzzles, games and having fun. Knowing that one day I will live in Heaven with my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment