Friday, November 8, 2019

Sick

Now I can empathize with women who have morning sickness. Any sickness I had with Ethan or Emry was in the evenings and rather minor. I think I was just more tired after a busy day, felt a little sick, and soon headed to bed. The next day I would feel just fine, go out for a run or do some pilates and go on with my day. Except for the usual feelings of being the size of a whale or discomfort, pregnancy was rather simple. 

Not this time.

I wake up sick. I go to bed sick. I feel sick most of the day. Exercise has been regulated to not-at-all strenuous and not every day because it seems to equal simply feeling sicker sooner. The only thing that staves off the sickness is sleep. But sleeping all day long is, sadly, not an option.

Meanwhile I also feel exhausted almost all day long. The fact that the kids are dressed, fed, laundry somewhat completed, dinner prepared, my work done, and the house mostly cleaned is a great accomplishment on my part. Somedays I’m not dressed until noon…or even later. I just don’t have the extra energy to look for something besides my pajamas…which are soooo comfortable.

With Emry and Ethan I wasn’t into maternity clothes until my second trimester. I’ve already pulled them out. Overnight I could no longer wear my own pants or most of my skirts. I nearly cried as I always look forward to pulling out my winter wardrobe and snuggling up in my plaid skirts and warm sweaters. This year it will be ill-fitting jeans, two whole skirts that are serviceable put not delightful, and sweatshirts or shirts I can simply tolerate. At least my feet don’t get any bigger and I can enjoy my boots!

Eating is murder. I’d rather not do it, but I must or I feel even more sick. Nothing except orange juice and chicken sandwiches sound even remotely appetizing, and I could really pass on those, too. Fixing dinner, making grocery lists and going to a store with food in it are torture. 

I simply wish to hibernate and sleep for the next seven months. 

People have asked if I suspect a boy or a girl. Carrying Emry versus carrying Ethan was very different. We didn’t find out with either, but I was 95% sure Ethan was a boy because he carried so different than Emry. This one? Well, if there were a third option, I would go with that. I guess that will make finding out at birth all the more a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment