Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Baby-Moon

I’ve noticed in recent television shows or movies (the very few I watch) that going on a “baby-moon” has become some new millennial thing. When I first heard about it, I thought how little sense that made. A honeymoon I understand. You get married and go on a special trip. But a “baby-moon” comesbeforethe baby. I guess, because, you certainly have no time to make a trip afterthe baby. Or the desire to. 

We’ve never taken one. There is way too much to do before the baby comes and both of us have worked until their arrival. After Emry was born, I didn’t really need a vacation. It was just the two of us at home. After Ethan, rest certainly didn’t happen even though Emry was an easy kid. But since we moved just three weeks later, I had too much to do. After this one comes, I don’t plan on any rest at all. Not with both Emry and Ethan. We’ll just take it as it goes.

But, for my 40thbirthday, I really wanted to just get away and do nothing. No cooking, or laundry, or school, or work, or kids, or anything. Just a pile of books and quiet. I had actually wanted to do it for my 39thbirthday, but it was one of those things Ed didn’t really believe I wanted. So, as my 40thapproached, I was determined to get away…determined even before I got pregnant. Even if I had to plan it myself. I did choose the place, but Ed made the arrangements while I made sure the grandparents could take the kids (which they could). And off we went.

We went to a little touristy town called Nashville about an hour south of Indianapolis. You wouldn’t expect a place like that to be busy the last weekend of February, but because the Beach Boys were having a concert in town that weekend, quite a few….um, older people, were there. Still, it was a quiet weekend. We got there Friday night, I read myself to sleep, slept late, walked around the little town till about noon, read some more until I fell asleep again, read some more, went to grab a bite for dinner, read more, watched a move, read more, fell asleep, woke up to enjoy a nice breakfast, and finished my book before we left Sunday morning. It was WONDERFUL!!!!

And now it’s back to life, although at least I feel a bit more rested now, something I sorely needed. For lack of sleep is one of the triggers of making me terribly sick all day. Now that I’ve realized that, I’m just trying to keep a better eye on getting to bed at night. If only I didn’t have so much to do! But the weekend was lovely… J

No comments:

Post a Comment