Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Weekend in Pictures

When Emry was born five years ago, I wondered what it would look like when both her birthday and Easter were the same weekend. Mostly I wondered how she would handle it. Would she think her special day overshadowed by a holiday? Or would she embrace the extra excitement? This year it was the latter. But for me, all it equaled was exhaustion.

Even with our world in “lockdown”, we have tried to go on with some things unchanged. And the simple fact is, despite what some out-of-touch politician might say, family is essential. So, my parents, nephew, and two of my sisters came to our house to celebrate Emry’s birthday Saturday evening. And we spent Sunday at my parents’ with them, my nephew, and three of my sisters. It was a weekend we sorely needed…even if we paid dearly for it on Monday as I tried to get the kids to come back to reality.

 The birthday girl in her new Elsa costume…


…and blowing out candles on her pink and white cupcakes.

 Aunt Jenny, Ethan and my nephew Beto.

Dressed for Easter even if we couldn’t attend church.

Ethan hunting eggs.

Going through the loot!

When did she start looking so grown up?

No comments:

Post a Comment