Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Real Spring

This weekend, Texas experienced what I call real spring. That means temperatures in the thirties and snow on Sunday. Very strange. Perhaps even stranger is that in NH, it was over seventy.


So, with that wonderful weather (which meant I could wear sweaters, and boots, and corduroy!) came failed plans – sort of. On Sunday, I had two girls from my church over. We had planned a picnic. Instead, we just ate our meal indoors. Then we played Super Scrabble. That means more tiles, more spaces, and more fun. For the first time I ever, I played all my letters at once. I spelled the word “Justice”. With that and a triple word score, I made 154 points on that one word! I think I’ll remember that for a while…


Then we played a little bit of Hand and Foot. We chatted, we laughed, and we enjoyed ourselves. It was great fun. A real spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment