Saturday, March 27, 2010

Well, the last day of the week is here. And it hasn't consisted of much unless you want to hear about stack and stacks of paper. So many stacks of paper full of numbers, names, dates, and check boxes that it feels like they - and the walls - are closing in on me. I hope I make it through this audit with some of my sanity remaining.

So I was never so thankful for the weekend. Did some chores around the house in-between other things. Headed to Dallas to attend the "surprise" 50th birthday party of a nurse I work with. It was a lot of fun and a little funny. Ever get that feeling that people are talking about you? Well, I did. A few moments later, all the ladies (none of whom I had ever met) at the other end of the table lean down towards my end and say, "Did you know that you look a lot like Sandra Bullock?" If only! They insisted, though, and then added that I should marry Jesse James. Like I ever had an inclination to marry anyone with the name of one of America's greatest outlaws.

This evening, my friend Jenny and I ran around town finding dinner. Finally settled on take out at Chilis. Then came back to Grandpa's to watch an Esther Williams movie. Now I'm sitting about, jabbering away on this blog, and watching the last Rosemary and Thyme episode. I should probably pay closer attention - it is a mystery, after all. But my brain has closed down, so I'll just say good-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment