Friday, March 12, 2010

Thoughts of Home

I find it funny what can make me homesick. Last Sunday, it was pouring down rain. I pulled into the church parking lot and thought of home. Why? Because whenever the weather was bad on a Sunday, Dad would pull up to the front of the church and let us all out so we wouldn’t get wet. But I had no one to do that for me, so I had to pull out the umbrella, juggle my belongings, somehow manage to get only a tad wet in the maneuver, and walk into the building myself. I miss my dad.


Then on Monday, I used some of my birthday/Christmas money and bought a wii and balance board. I set it up that evening, created a new mii name Karly, a little puppy named Wiggles, and played for over an hour. But somehow it wasn’t as much fun as it is at home. Not because no one is there to mock my athletic skill, but because there was no other miis to yell at. At home there is a whole collection of miis to blame for not going into the holes in table top, or kicking a ball wrong in soccer, or hitting the ball out of bounds in tennis. I guess I need to create a Texas mii family. The only problem is, it will be like yelling at myself instead of Jenny (via Jazzy), Grace (via Gracie), Caleb (via Bub), Abby (via Charlie), or Sally (via Marshall). And what’s the fun in that?


Or how about Easter candy? I couldn’t resist buying a couple of favorites when I was at Walmart this week. But there is no one to pick out their favorite Starburst jelly beans but myself. Nor is it good for my waistline to eat a whole bag of candy all on my own…


And don’t forget to turn your clocks back on Sunday. I might forget…for there are no post-it notes attached to every clock in the house which is how my dad reminds himself to spring ahead (or fall back). Might have to find some of my own yellow stickies.

No comments:

Post a Comment