Monday, February 14, 2011

Lovesick

Okay, so some of you might wonder what's up with the title of this blog? Has Melissa been hiding something? Well, truth be told, there are many things my readers don't know about me. For I'm not into publishing my life for all the world to read on a blog that can be read anywhere in the world. I just thought it would be a cute title for two reasons:

1. It's Valentine's Day.
2. I'm sick.

It started Saturday morning. (The sickness, I mean, not Valentine's.) I woke up with a cough and some sinus trouble. For me, a cough is rare. But sinus problems are a part of my regular life, so I took some drugs and went on with my day. By 6 that evening, I knew I was coming down with something serious. When Haley's mom remarked that I didn't look too good, I knew it was inevitable. So, I took some NyQuil and went to bed.

I didn't sleep well, though. NyQuil can do wonders, but I guess it kept keep a person from getting the chills. And then sweating half to death. And now since you're up, coughing. Not to mention my already swollen sinuses. So even though I felt half way decent by morning, I decided driving myself 45 minutes to church and there sharing my germs was not a kind way to spend my Sunday. So, I got a bite to eat in order to take some pills and went back to bed.

I had a wonderful day of rest: sleeping, catching up with people on the phone, reading, sitting in the fresh air, watching a movie with Haley. Went to bed feeling much better. Only to awaken at about 1 chilled to the bone again. That lasted for about two hours until I finally fell asleep, only to awaken when my alarm went off sweating buckets. I debated about work, but decided I couldn't be that bad off. And I didn't feel too bad after a good shower and some fresh clothes. But I am by no means over this. I don't sound very good. I'm still coughing and now sneezing. My sinuses pound in my head. More than one nurse today has told me I don't look so good. And the further this day progresses, the worse I feel. But I'll make it. And I'll probably even take a walk just to get some fresh air before I find something hot to eat and head to bed with another dose of NyQuil. Hopefully this one will work!

As far as Valentine's go...well, I'm still single - 'nough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment