Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beautiful North Carolina

Not that I have any avidly faithful readers, but maybe some of you have wondered where I’ve been the last six days. Well, I went to North Carolina for a long weekend – and didn’t take my laptop.

The purpose of the trip was to visit a friend from camp who was back home on spring break from college. I haven’t seen Anna in nearly four years, and four days was hardly enough time to catch up. But we made the best of it: staying up and talking late, watching movies, tromping all over the family’s acreage, petting their six cats (yes, six!), laying in front of the fire, hiking, visiting cute Mt. Airy and eating way to much of her wonderful mother’s homecooked meals. Aside from the hours spent catching planes and sitting in airports, basically I did nothing but rest. And enjoyed the beauty of North Carolina.

I could live in North Carolina – very easily. Have a nice little home in the mountains with some land to roam on and a dog to keep me company. It is so beautiful there! Those mountains! I could not get enough of them. Gorgeous weather, cold nights, great food and the most amazing friends. It was a wonderful four days away. I almost hated to come back…


Mountains – glorious mountains!!!!


Pilot Mountain


Mt. Airy, NC – the birthplace of Andy Griffith and model for Mayberry.


Anna and me

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NC... our family took a trip to Mooresville five years ago and I've always wanted to go back! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete