Friday, March 25, 2011

Snapshots from my Week

Well, it hasn’t exactly been a long week. Seems like a lot has happened, though. Maybe that’s why I stood in my closet this morning, quite comfortable in my sweats and t-shirt, and wished I could just go to work as is. One of those mornings when the last thing I wanted to wear was a nice shirt and slacks…

Work's been a bit busier – steady, anyhow. And I have filled my evenings with my dollhouse. Which, you can see from the pictures below, is actually starting to look like a house! Goal for the weekend? Finish the stairs (now that I found the pieces I was missing), insert the staircase and railings, and measure the walls for the wallpaper (can’t actually put that in until I get the house wired for electricity). Should be a productive weekend.

Thought I’d add a few other snapshots from my week. Spring has arrived in Texas. Or should I say summer? Yes, it did hit 90 this week. Sigh.


The foundation and start on the first/second floors…waiting for the glue to dry.


Getting there…the backside.


Still one more piece to complete the walls of the front, but the staircases go in first.


Irises – remind me of my amazing mother and smell like Tennessee.


Not sure what these are, but they’re pretty little things that grow under our cattle guard. They blossom at dusk and dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment