Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Okay, so, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately...don't I usually? About a myriad of subjects, but there are always a couple that stand out and one has been the dollhouse sitting in the "school room" of my house just waiting to be worked upon.

On Saturday, I guess I started on it. If that means going to Lowes and coming out with an armful of wood stain, polyurethane, sellac, foam brushes, sand paper, masking tape and tacky glue. That also might mean sitting down with the directions and highlighting all the highpoints I want to remember as I go along. Or spending hours on-line shopping for wiring, furniture and wallpaper and reading over articles from other people who have already done this. I haven't bought any of the inside stuff yet. That's today's project if I get time, but if I want to really start on it in two weeks (after I get back from North Carolina this weekend) then I need it all in place. For the top suggestion is to paper, stain and wire it as you build. Makes sense to me!

So, what exactly is this grand house supposed to look like upon completion? Well, the inside I'm not 100% sure. But I do know it will have a library. With bookshelves and a rolltop desk. "Figured that," a friend laughingly told me. And it will have a master bedroom, a large kids room, a bath, kitchen, living area, entry hall and music room. I have a long list of furniture I would love to find in all these rooms, but I'm afraid I get more ideas every time I look on-line. But, I figure, aren't Victorian houses supposed to look cluttered?

As for the outside, here is a sample of what I want it to look like. It is the same house, but I am going to swap the brown trim for a dark evergreen. Otherwise, I want it to look pretty much the same:
It's gorgeous, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment