Monday, May 2, 2011

Cold and Rainy

Most people in Texas today are probably griping. And they were probably griping yesterday as well. I, on the other hand, am rejoicing! For God is so gracious. It is the second day of May and the weather in Texas is cold, wet and rainy. It hasn't hit 50 today. I went into my closet this morning and happily pulled out corduroy pants, long socks and a favorite purple sweater. Can't get any better than this, right?

And I completely forgot to post with my last post that Allyson had her baby!!!!! The little one arrived Easter Sunday - healthy, well and adorable (at least, I'm supposing that for all of Allyson's kids are). I have to confess that best of all, the little one is a girl. Allyson really needed a little girl. Violet needed a little sister. Her name is Laurel Keziah. And I am counting down the days until June when I shall see her....and Caleb, and Violet, and Seth, and Silas. Yea!

Other than that, I can't say much is going on the state of Texas. Work has picked up a bit. Have to go to the dentist next week. Got a long to-do list...all those little things have just caught up with me. Got to measure the rest of my house for the wallpaper, put in the electricity and buy the paint to start on the outside. Need to balance my checkbooks, e-mail a friend, order a Mother's Day gift, find a recipe. Busy, busy, busy. But good. For do I not serve an amazing God?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that someone enjoys "horrible" weather! Congrats to your friend Allyson on her baby :) I hope it won't be too long before you get to see the little one. Thanks for the birthday card! I appreciate the effort you always go to xo

    ReplyDelete