Monday, May 23, 2011

'Tis Monday - Again

Well, as the world didn't end this weekend, guess I have to find something to blog about. Either that, or I got left behind. So my blog must go on.

Eventful weekend - and non-eventful. At least as far as blogs go. For while much happened over my weekend, some of it I have yet to sort out in my head. Or see what God will do with it. But as I told a friend, things like that help me live out the verse, "For we walk by faith, not by sight." And most times it is just as well that way, no matter how difficult it can be.

So what did my weekend hold? Well, nothing worth reporting unless you like hearing about Haley and I mopping our floors (which means nearly half a 6300 square foot home), putting away all the piles in my room and other stuff like that. I did go with a friend to our assistant pastor's house for hamburgers and a movie on Saturday. A much needed time to sit on a couch and do nothing! And on Sunday I got a nap. Hooray!

My week doesn't seem to hold much either, but that's the way it usually is on Monday and still it fills up. Tennis tonight - it if doesn't rain. Either writer's group or church on Wednesday. Friday is an ice cream tasting party. Haley and I are having a group of teenage girls up to the house for this - sampling 4 kinds of vanilla ice cream and judging them on taste, texture, color and "overall performance". This will be followed by sundaes. Should be fun.

After that who knows exactly. Something on Saturday - besides cooking. Got to think of something for fellowship on Sunday after church and a friend wants another cheesecake for the fish fry at church on Monday. Might also attend the high school graduation ceremony of my pastor's twin sons Sunday evening. In between all that, I really hope to finish poking out the outside pieces of my dollhouse, sanding them and painting them. But we'll see. As we always see.

No comments:

Post a Comment