Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dollhouse Update

I’m not sure any of my readers are looking forward to with bated anticipation the updates on my dollhouse. But then I don’t have a whole slew of readers, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

It’s been a while since I’ve done any updates or pictures on the house, but I didn’t think even my not-so-devoted readers would care to see a picture of small dollhouse pieces cut out and sanded. And then another picture of small dollhouse pieces cut out and sanded. And then yet another…you get the idea.

I think I’ve got about a dozen stacks of pieces, all of which go on the exterior of the house for trim, sorted in piles of where each is located on the house. Each are carefully marked in colored marker what they are. And the colored marker refers to what color I need to paint them. On Saturday, I painted all the green pieces. And I’m glad I chose green. For if I had chosen red, I would still be painting…

On Saturday, I also organized my work room a little bit. I put the sheets of pieces I haven’t yet used (or probably am not going to use as I make this house my own) in one stack. I was able to put away one table. I piled all my small pieces on their own papers to make sure the kitchen bay window doesn’t get mixed up with the front bay window (and so forth). As far as the building of the house, organizing doesn’t do much. But it makes me feel a lot better to have everything in proper order.

Until I get back from New Hampshire, I doubt I’ll get a whole lot more done on the house. Hopefully some more painting this week, but you never know. I’d love to have it done (well, “livable”) by the end of the summer. But we’ll see about that, too!


Windows, doors, sashes, trims…and this is only the start!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that a doll's house could be so complex - its incredible!!

    ReplyDelete