Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back in Texas

Well, I know I'm back in Texas. It was nearly 90 degrees at 7:30 this morning. Hot enough, yet?

Work has been a zoo...or a three-ring-circus...or a war zone. Depending on what mood I'm in to dwell upon it (usually the latter). If one of the nurses had taken my blood pressure Friday afternoon, they probably would have rushed me to the hospital. And then put me on hospice.

I love the nurses I work with, but sometimes it's a little much. I came back from New Hampshire with a cold. When I was blowing my nose yesterday, one of the nurses turned to me and asked, "Is it clear?" At first I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. Did she want to land a plane in the office? Then I realized. "Oh! Yeah." "Good." So I guess I'm well on my way to recovery....

Of course, meanwhile I burned my neck with my curling iron on Sunday. At least it doesn't really show. And last night I got nailed in the right eye with a tennis ball. Guess I did what my dad told me NEVER to do and took my eyes off the ball. The coach asked me if I wanted any ice but as I could still see, of course I did not. I'm a Sturm. Unless there's a bone sticking out, I'm good. I finished the evening, went home and put some ice on it, rubbed it good with some Arnica and called a friend to ask how I'd look with a black eye. The good news is I don't bruise easily, so it's not black. The bad news is it is tender and causing quite a headache today. (Or was that our marketer that made her weekly appearance and flattered me - and everyone - until it made me sick?)

Now I'm on lunch. Suffered the heat to go to the post office and stopped by the library to check out some books on chili recipes. (Chili cook-off anyone? I'm not entering, but a friend is.) Will post this and then get back to work. It's not a zoo at this moment, but my to-do list is long and the piles on my desk would love to be sorted and put in their proper places. Not to mention all the charting that needs to get accomplished. But the billing is done and ready to go first thing Thursday morning. And that is the most important thing, right? Otherwise, I don't get paid for the three-ring-circus I perform in...

Oh! And by the way. Walking dogs is not a part of hospice services. However, it is perfectly okay to will your dog to your hospice nurse upon your death.

No comments:

Post a Comment