Friday, June 3, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened...

Thankfully life is full of amusing moments. Otherwise, I would be far too serious. Which I probably am already, but I try to lighten up now and then. Sometimes. Maybe if I didn’t get bogged down in details, I would make my life easier. But, just so you know, I don’t think many people would file me under serious. I can be lighthearted, laugh some and smile a lot.

This week funny things happened. Don’t they always? For instance, a very good friend gave me toothpaste. (Yes, you read that right: toothpaste.)

“Is this a hint?”

“No! No. It’s just the best toothpaste, and I bought extra so you can shine up that beautiful smile.”

Nice compliment. But meanwhile, Haley was in the car watching this exchange and pantomiming receiving a gift which you open, disappointment and wonder crosses your face, and then you throw it over your shoulder in disgust. I don’t know…maybe I should keep and treasure it as a very special moment in my life.

Later this week, our marketer came into the office and told me about a potential patient who had called earlier in the day. She just wanted to let me know the hurdles that need to be leapt over to put the woman on hospice.

“This is the second patient this week with obstacles in the way. And both of them are dying to be on hospice.”

I looked at her for a moment and then laughed. “Um, Melinda, I’m not sure that’s the way you want to put that.”

“What? Oh! Well, I don’t know,” she said with a laugh, “could be a good slogan: Dying to be on Hospice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment