Monday, October 24, 2011

It's beginning to look...

...a very tiny little bit like fall.

Of course, in Texas, the season I loved and enjoyed called autumn is non-existent. I saw an advertisement on-line this morning about Texas foliage and gave a very unladylike snort. Texas foliage? Oh...you mean those dead, brown leaves. Yeah, well, we've had those hanging from the trees since July. Then we called them dead. Now we call them foliage. I guess that's kind of like in hospice we say "passed" versus "died". Sounds nicer, doesn't it?

But this morning was pretty amazing. I haven't seen anything like it in Texas before. But unlike Texans I do know what it is: fog. Everywhere. The kind where you can see headlights about the time they're upon you. Or brake lights about the time you're upon them. I was surprised the commute wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. There were no accidents on the interstate I have to travel over. For once, Texans kept their heads over unusual weather and didn't try to kill one another. Personally, I enjoyed the fall-ish look of the low fog that lasted until nearly noon. Now the sun is high over the heavens once more, the temperature is somewhere around 80 and it looks like it always does: blah and summer-ish.

But I am grateful God gives me the small tokens for good. Helps me endure the normal not-so-great days and encourages me to pray for miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment