Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday...again!

I so did not want to get out of bed this morning and come to work. Not that work has been horrible lately - not at all! Last week was wondrously slow. I actually got everything on my "to-do" list done with time to spare. By all appearances, this week will be the same. It's just one of those days when working is for the birds. I keep telling myself if I hold out for three weeks, I'll be on my way to Indiana for Thanksgiving with my family. A whole week off!

I wish I could say I have something fascinating to write about today. Unfortunately, I don't live in New Hampshire anymore. I can't post pictures of an amazing October snow. I could post one of the dome of "Jerry's Temple" (a.k.a.: Cowboy's Stadium). I didn't realize until yesterday that I can see that blasted thing from the interstate I take to church on Sunday (which is miles from Arlington). A wonderful reminder of a man who thinks more of himself than everyone else in the world put together thinks of him. So my heartfelt congratulations to the Eagles for bulldozing the Cowboys yesterday!

I suppose I should make a cursory remark about the Rangers loosing the World Series. I am sorry for them, but I'm not mourning in sackcloth and ashes. It is a game, after all. And wouldn't it be nice if we all got paid millions of dollars for playing a game?

Can't say my week holds much...and I'm hoping it stays that way. Something already came up I'll need to to do Tuesday evening, starting it tonight. I have to bake some bread, so I decided while it rises I will mow the lawn one last time. Which is a pain because our mower is on the skids and has to be jumped. But it will get it out of the way finally. (I just hope I don't harm myself doing it - I already did accidental demolish duty last night...long story.) Then I have church on Wednesday, followed by every intention to keep Thursday clear so I can work on my dollhouse. By Friday all I want to do is sit and do nothing. Saturday I'll do some odd things and spend some time with some friends. Doesn't look too bad...just hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment