Thursday, January 5, 2012

Entering the New Year

I just read the blog of a friend who took some time to reflect on 2011 and the highlights of each month as the year passed by. It's a good way to end a year - remembering the joys and trials God has brought into your life. And by remembering knowing that that same God will see you through all the joys and trials of the next year. For He will...even though sometimes I wonder.

On January 1, the mother of my assistant pastor's wife passed into eternity. As I was giving my condolences to Mrs. Baker last night, she remarked that her mother just celebrated the new year.

"Yeah," I agreed, "and she had the best celebration anyone could have."

"Amen to that!" Mrs. Baker's daughter agreed with a laugh.

Truthfully, I didn't think much about my comment when I said it. But when I thought about it, I could say "Amen", too.

Imagine starting the new year in eternity with your God and Savior. It doesn't get any better than that!

1 comment: