Monday, January 23, 2012

When one things leads to another...and another...and another...

Honestly, my weekend was supposed to be slow. Which is why I cleaned my rooms in the back of the house. Not exactly top to bottom, but everything was swept, and vacuumed, and mopped, and washed, and wiped down. Then I started in on some other rooms in my part of the house (just a simple cleaning) because someone is having a party up at the house this coming Saturday and things need to look decent. Next on my list was bringing wood up to the house. Some of the logs are quite heavy so I brought out the lawn mower and attached the little trailer to bring up a couple of loads and then a cart full of kindling from a pile outside the fence line. When I lost the trailer (I just put the pin in since I was only going back and forth in the yard), I thought I may as well mow some large patches just to make things look nice. Wouldn't take five minutes...until I realized how thick they were, which led to raking, which led to lugging a barrel full of grass outside the fence line. Between all that, laundry and some baking; I finally sat down a little after 3 to watch a movie and work on some Wednesday night stuff. No sooner did I have my markers out when my phone rang and a friend wanted to meet for the rest of the afternoon/evening just to hang out. Yes, I needed that nap Sunday afternoon!!!!

Work has been something like that today. I was expecting all the deaths over the weekend - no huge deal. I knew other things might come up, too. But sorting through one patient's folder of insurance claims in order to make an appeal wasn't on the to-do list originally. Neither was jumping hoops for our marketer until I got off the phone with her for the upteenth time and let out a sigh/growl.

"Having a Monday moment?" Linda called from her office.

"No," I replied. "I'm having a thank goodness our marketer is leaving for five or six weeks tomorrow because she's driving me crazy moment."

Linda laughed.

Things are quiet at the moment - probably the calm before the next storm. But it gives me a chance to blog. Maybe send out an e-mail, too. It's going to be a great evening to go out and hit a yellow ball with a racquet!

No comments:

Post a Comment